Friday, February 27, 2009

More Elvis


Another day, another Elvis. I promise you we only have two in the auction--this will be the last time you see his mug on my blog....ok, maybe there's one more, but who knows if I'll blog it. 

While naked Elvis praying to the Virgin looked like he'd just jumped out of a Gidget movie, this Elvis is a little worse for wear. Here is the bloated Vegas Elvis of paintings-on-velvet fame. 

Look at that pudgy, creased face; those squinty little eyes; that silk scarf and popped collar combo. This is truly the Elvis on his way to an overdose. 

And I have to ask--what on earth is circling his head? Its like he's in an orbit of blue-raspberry soda pop bubbles and black heroin smoke......both of which would be rather appropriate, now that I think of it. 

I would put this on a wall in an office....or maybe in my dressing room. Why? Because it's motivational for everyone. The pretty, perfect people of the world can look at that and reinforce to their fabulous minds not to go down the same path as poor, poor, no-longer-a-heartthrob Elvis. Meanwhile, the socially-awkward, less-than-handsome fellows can gaze up at Elvis's swollen visage and say to themselves, "you know, if that guy can get the ladies and die famous, so can I."

It's a win-win situation for all involved, frankly. And for a one-time fee of $300, I totally want to be a part of that love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment