Monday, February 23, 2009

Fashion Week


In honor of Fashion Week, I thought I'd present this poster. 

How do you make Fall Fashion Week more glamorous and star-studded than it already is? Let Bogie's wife, the infamous Lauren Bacall, host it in a pink jumpsuit, that's how! 

Slinky and sassy, Ms Bacall juts out her hip in this poster made for the 1968 CBS Fall Fashion Week preview show. And just to make it a little bit more glamorous, they've decided to give her a boy-band backup group of sorts, all donning slightly different black tuxedos. Of course, for those in the know, this isn't any ordinary kick-line of fellows--it's none other than Emanuel Ungaro (of Balenciaga fame), Marc Bohan (from the house of Dior), Pierre Cardin, and the immortal Yves St. Laruent (behind the shades, of course). Now that's one hell of a fashion roster! 

If only these flawlessly styled greats could gaze down at me from my wall as I create my own fashionable masterpieces every morning. Oh wait, for $50, they can!


No comments:

Post a Comment